Ever deleted something from your computer or iPhone and then realized you wanted to get it back? If you delete a song you bought from the iTunes Store, you may be worried that you will have to buy it again.
Well, there’s good news: you can download the music you bought from iTunes and download that music for free! Here’s what you need to know about re-downloading songs on iTunes.
How to Redownload Music from iTunes on iPhone:-
It’s easy to download music to your iPhone or iPod Touch directly from the iTunes Store. Just follow these steps:
- Make sure you’re logged in to Apple ID on the iOS device that you used to buy music Go to Settings> iTunes & App Store> Apple ID.
- Tap the iTunes Store app to launch it.
- Tap the More button at the bottom right.
- Tap Buy.
- Tap Music.
- Scroll through your shopping list until you find what you want to download.
- Tap the download icon to re-download music from iTunes. When it is downloaded, it will appear in the Music app on your device.
If you use iTunes to re-download your music to your computer, here’s what you need to do:
- Open iTunes.
- Go to the iTunes Store.
- If you are not already in the music section of the store, click the music icon in the upper left corner of iTunes or select music from the column menu on the right side of the store.
- Click Purchased in the Quick Links section on the right.
- Select an album or song to choose how to browse your past music purchases.
- Click the download icon next to the album or song to re-download music from iTunes. Music will be displayed in your iTunes library.
How to Redownload Music Using the Music App on Mac:-
If you are running macOS Catalina or higher on your Mac, you will not be able to re-download the music using the iTunes program because it is no longer available. It has been replaced by a new app called Music. Fortunately, you can re-download the music using it. Here’s how:
- By default, iTunes Store is hidden in music. To publish it, click the Music Menu> Preferences> Show section, check the box next to the iTunes Store> OK.
- In the left-hand menu, click iTunes Store.
- Follow steps 3-8 from the last section. They are identical to iTunes and music.
What to Do If You Can’t Redownload Music from iTunes:-
v Confirm Where You Got the Music:-
Can you get songs from other download stores, streaming services for CDs? If so, go to that source to get the music back.
v Make Sure You’re Using the Right Apple ID:-
If you purchased music with one Apple ID and are now using another, you will need to log in to the correct account to access the music.
How to Download Other People’s Music Using Family Sharing:-
You’re not limited to just downloading the music you buy. You can download songs from anyone in your family using Family Sharing.
Family Sharing is a feature that allows people with Apple ID to view and download each other’s purchases from iTunes, the App Store, and Apple Books – all for free.