Microsoft Edge already has a PDF reader with various annotation features such as highlighting, drawing, and reading aloud. The company is now adding another useful feature to the mix – the ability to add text to PDF files. Yes, you no longer have to rely on third-party tools to fill out forms or respond to your team. Today, you will learn how to add text to a PDF file in Microsoft Edge so that you can fill out the form without the hassle of browsing.
Add Text to PDF Files Using Microsoft Edge:-
Before we get started, it is worth noting that Microsoft is testing this feature on Canary channels. However, I was able to partially access the feature in the stable version of the Edge. Get out of the way, enter the guide directly.
Steps to Add Text to PDF Files in Microsoft Edge:-
1. View a PDF file for the new ‘Add Text’ button in the toolbar above. You can select anywhere in the PDF by right-clicking.
2. After selecting ‘Add Text’, click on the part of the PDF file where you want to add the new text. You will now see a textbox with some floating formatting options in your PDF document. It has 3 options – text color, text size. adjustment, and text spacing adjustment option.
- Right next to the text color option, you will find the button to increase or decrease the size of the text. You can use these options to resize text based on your preferences.
5. You can use the trash icon next to the text spacing icon to delete the textbox. Be sure to use the keyboard shortcut ‘Ctrl + S’ or click the save icon in the upper right corner to save the text added to the PDF file using Edge.
- After adding a text box, the result looks like this.
Add Text in PDF Files From Edge Browser for Free:-
Microsoft Edge’s text input feature for PDF files is fairly capable and convenient for filling out forms. This is a good addition to the previous annotation capabilities of PDF Viewer. If you want a more powerful PDF editing feature, read our article on how to edit our PDF files for free. We’ve listed payment options in our personal guide to editing PDF files. For more Edge Tips, don’t miss our Edge Tips and Tricks article. If you have any other app recommendations for adding text to the PDF, let us know in the comments section below.